NTU Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

The first Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu school club in Singapore.

Pages

Sunday, June 1, 2008

9am- We all meet up at AMK Hub, everyone reaches on time. We had our breakfast at the S-11 outside of AMK Hub, Yee Chok and Yu Hao had economic Bee Hoon which is pretty not economical. I had the usual Ba Chor Mee and Ace had Mixed Sauce noodles?

10am- We took bus to thomson road and we alighted just after 10minutes. Instead of the route Cai Ping suggested, I decided to bring them to the more fun route. Everyone is kinda low in spirit, well, waking up at 8am is a chore to most of us.

10.20am- Weather starts to turn...erm....bad? 5 of us are not gonna turn back just because of this freaking weather aren't we? So we decide to carry on the journey, hoping it doesn't rain that soon. Well, shit do happen, it doesn't rain, it freaking POURS!!! We tried to seek shelter under some trees, which still....Nevermind..... Smarty Cai Ping brought her own rain coat, Yu Hao brought his ultra duper "BIG enough for 5 person umbrella" ...., Kenneth brought SAF's raincoat and borrowed his water non-resistant jungle cap to Yee Chok and .......me.....UNDERWEAR ALSO WET LOR!!!!



11am- We carried on the journey till the PONR(point of no return), we had to seek shelter for like 5mins under a guard house, lots of families been sharing the place and we thought, lets freak it, carry on the journey. The rain just gets heavier, Worrying bout our safety, Cai Ping suggested we seek shelter at the Country Club Multi Storey Car Park. Did some Cam-Whoring at the Car Park =D




12noon- We reached the TreeTop guardhouse and we asked some passbys to take photos for us. And since its Cat 1, we have to wait till the weather gets better till we can start to cross the bridge. I myself had a fear of heights, REAL FEAR, not a little but a REAL BIG DEAL. I was the last to cross the bridge and those monkeys did CAM WHORING ON THE BRIDGE. OMFG. I was choked by my own balls for each steps I took. The scenary was breath-taking, but I wasn't enjoying it. History events was passing through my mind, I saw myself when I was little. My first cigarette, my first bike, my first of everything. I SAW MY LIFE. I thought I'm gonna die....OK, getting out of hand, scenary is breath-taking and thats it.

Look closely, my hands is never off the rail

Now, we lost track of time, but I do remember we decided to hit the "Jelutong Tower", yes the name itself implies, A TOWER. Wise man once said, It doesnt rain, it pours. I had to climb the tower with them and yes, I was shaking. We shared our childhood memories together, or at least our secondary school. FYI, do you guys know Cai Ping was the Head Prefect in her school? Yu Hao and Yee Chok's high school has a total of 7000students? Every outing we had each time, allows me to know them better. Which I really did enjoy.


After the Jelutong Tower, Cai Ping suggested we back track and return back to Thomson. However, the Courageous 5 decided to take the other route itself. We took the RifleRange route. We wasn't sure at first as no one had ever tried the route before. After 1-2km, we reached a dead end, at least thats what it looks like. Kenneth took the initiative to recce the place. Thanks to the state of the art technology, Ken's used his mobile and asked us to move forward. He met a family up ahead and the uncle told him how to get out of the place.

Well, lots of walking...lots and lots.... And somehow, we came out of the place, we are now on top of an expressway, with lots of K9 with their owners patrolling the place.




Saw lots of monkeys and saw a weird signboard. DO NOT THREATEN MONKEYS WITH BANANAS. Cam Whoring again =D




Now we caught up with the family as we are sort of lost. They told us to take the Bukit Timah cyclist route instead of the RifleRange road which we could save a whooping 3km of walking. The uncle was surprised to hear we came from Thomson, LOL, who WON"T???? So Yee Chok, Kenneth and Yu Hao decided to do a little race among themself to see who reach the summit first. I decided to STAY BACK & PROTECT Cai Ping =P

I think Yee Chok reaches the summit first, kenneth then Yu hao. Kudos to you guys, bad news is, they went the wrong route =P

In short, we did more and more of walking and we reaches Bukit Timah Nature Reserve, did cam whoring again. Cai Ping took a photo of a overview map of the distance we had covered.




Just to let you guys imagine how far we walked, we enter from Thomson road, existed from Beauty World ^^

Yee Chok, Kenneth, Yu Hao and Cai Ping's feet was soaked. They bought slippers to change at Beauty World and we had our lunch/dinner there. Yu Hao had his usual Pig's trotters, Cai Ping Hokkien Mee, the rest all Mutton soup to finish off.




Well, the journey ends here, pics will be uploaded soon pics uploaded. Cheers to the 5 man 4man 1 girl team!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KENNETH